For a person who loves Himalayas, the very mention of “Everest” sends tremors down his/her spine. At least that’s the case with me. Everest is the highest peak in the world and is one of the 14 mountain peaks higher than 8000 meters (26246 feet) collectively called Eight-thousanders.
Being an avid mountain lover and a person who has covered almost every wilderness spot in the Indian side of Himalayas and parts in Tibet, Mt. Everest has always been a place where I so badly want to go.
AS Indians, we are so close to Mt Everest, we should feel very lucky to be at the foot of Sagarmatha. But its not simple, you need a lot of preparations and training to go to the Everest and scale it. Even a trek to the base camp of Everest is one of the toughest treks in the world.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is the ultimate experience one can think of wit the Himalayas. The magnificent highest mountain of the world, Mt. Everest (8,848m) is plays hide and seek all along with you during this trek. The trek route lies in Solukhumbu district of Nepal and is amidst elevated peaks and local Sherpa villages. This trek experience is one of the biggest thrills which an adventure lover can get. The Buddhist monasteries along the way help the traveler to get a close look into the history and influence of Tibet in the daily life of Sherpas. Their understanding and adaption of the landscape leave one surprised and impressed.
Surrounded by 4 out of 6 highest peaks of the world including Lhotse (8,501m), Mt. Makalu (8,470m) and Cho Oyu (8,201m) Everest Base Camp Trek is an excellent choice for those looking for enjoying nature at its fullest together with rich local culture.
Walking those peaceful rocky trails enclosed by huge snow peaks can be exciting. Whole expedition starting from Kathmandu (1,350m) to all the way till Kala Patthar (5,545m) spending overnight in villages like Tengboche (3,870m) and Dingboche (4,360m) is a trek full of risk. But what is adventure without a risk.
Today all the worries of arranging the trek can very easily be bypassed to one of the best Travel companies in Nepal, Hiking Adventure Trekking Pvt. Ltd which came into existence in 2011. HATPL is well known for organising and handling treks and trips in the most professional and dedicated way. Since the conception they have been organizing exemplary treks, mountaineering expeditions and tours for groups and individuals in different parts of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet and India
The management team has two passionate individuals and a group of trekking professionals and mountaineers who know their tasks and create opportunities for both travelers and the local workforce. The motive is to pave a trail of improvement for communities by employing and educating people in remote settlements as a way of raising the living standards of them.
For the travelers too, the honesty and transparency of the company’s operations win hearts of many. HATPL understands the excitement the Himalayas. They regularly plan and test new trekking routes and discovers new activities that the travelers can explore.
HATPL takes care of all the arrangements needed to have a wonderful experience and take back memories that will last for the lifelong. But we all need to know the cost, itinerary and other details before taking a decision.
March, April, May, late September, October, and November are the best trekking months for the Everest Base Camp trek. The trek, which is a 13 days journey, can be a life-changing experience and memory.
The Everest Base Camp Trek costs an Indian traveler Rs 65600.00 on full board basis and will cost a foreigners USD 1250.00 per person and the year 2018, HATPL has already organised one group from 31st March and the second group is scheduled for the month of October.
The Itinerary of the trek is like (but can be altered to accommodate the trekker’s requests)
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Rest day or Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley.
Day 03: Fly from KTM to Lukla (2880m), and trek to Phakding (2640m), 4 Hrs walking.
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3445m), 5 to 6 Hrs walking.
Day 05: Acclimatization day, hike to Everest view hotel.
Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m), 5 to 6 Hrs walking.
Day 07: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4250m), 5 to 6 Hrs walking.
Day 08: Rest day at Dingboche (4250m).
Day 09: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4900m), 5 to 6 Hrs walking.
Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5364m) via Gorakshep (5150m), 8 Hrs walking.
Day 11: Trek from Gorakshep to Kala Patthar (5545m.) and then to Pheriche (4240m), 7 Hrs walking.
Day 12: Trek from Pheriche to Tengboche (3860), 5 to 6 Hrs walking.
Day 13: Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar (3445m), 5 to 6 Hrs walking.
Day 14: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2880m), 6 to 7 Hrs walking.
Day 15: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, 35 minutes.
Day 16: Final departure.
HATPL has extensively planed this trek and give its clients all the details of what is included, what is not included and in the cost of the trek:
- Private Arrival & Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed/Single and breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Tea and coffee while on trek.
- Accommodation in teahouse or lodge while trekking.
- Welcome / farewell dinner. The sightseeing city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and air
- Respective region (Everest) trekking map, TIMS Card.
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing & trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket & trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes / boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- The Trekking t-shirt
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Meals in the cities except Welcome Dinner (Tentative US$8-$12.00 per meals)
- Nepal entry visa fee which you will pay when you get into Kathmandu airport on upon arrival
- Personal trekking equipment
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water, hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, etc.
- Tips for trekking/ tour guide & porters (expected, not mandatory)
- International airfare and airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc.
The more adventurous people can try and do the Everest base camp trek solo or in their own groups. But it is not advisable as it is not so safe to go there alone. Going with a certified agency is always a good Idea for Everest base camp trek because they have trained and certified trainers who will help you They provide you many unique activities and experiences where no one provides these experiences with this trek like Kathmandu City Tour, Yoga Sessions in Kathmandu before the trek, Good Transportation and much more.
You don’t need so much trekking gear because the company provides all. You just need to buy trekking stick, warm clothes (thermals), a pair of good hiking shoes etc. You can rent that all items from local shops of Thamel, Kathmandu. Trekking gears are not so expensive in Nepal. Sleeping bag and Down jackets are provided by HATPL.
You will be trekking under the expert guidance of the experienced team from HATPL but still you need to carry a few personal items and they are:
• Good backpack with hip straps
• Enough cash in Nepalese Rupees because there are not any ATM on the way.
• GPS and/or map
• A pair of Good Hiking boots (Try to buy Waterproof).
• Water purification tablets/water filter – saves you a lot of money as purified water can be expensive.
• Water bladder or Nalgene bottle
• Trekking Stick
• Water bottle
• Warm clothes, rain jacket, and waterproof pants
• Sunscreen and sunglasses (must Need).
• Toilet paper (We provide you)
• Towel and toiletries
• Book or playing cards for the evening (if you want)
• Diamox or a similar medicine in case of altitude sickness (we bring emergency first aid kit also with us).
Folks, be ready for a lifetime experience and book your Everest Base Camp trek with Hiking Adventure Trekking Pvt. Ltd.
Please connect at Himalayan Adventure Trekking Pvt Ltd., Nepal
Website : https://www.hikingadventuretreks.com