COVID-19 forced the entire world to shut down for almost 5 months. In India too, everything was under lockdown since the last week of March 2020. Though life started limping back as the lockdowns were serially lifted towards the end of May 2020, the Travel and Hospitality industry, which suffered the most because of this pandemic was still shut.
The world slowly started to get used to the pandemic and started opening up. And in order to get the T & H industry back online, the govt. finally decided to permit the hotel sector to reopen during the last week of August 2020, but with a lot of riders for maintaining the safety levels during the pandemic.
One of the premier hotels in East Delhi, – Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida also announced the reopening from 4th September 2020 with an enhanced guest experience by redefining cleanliness and supporting guests’ wellbeing throughout their stay.
In-line with the IHG Clean Promise, an initiative of the IHG Hotels & Resorts, guests can expect to see evolved procedures that have been implemented in every area of the hotel.
Using new, science-led protocols and service measures, partnering with industry-leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey, these strengthened measures will give guests greater confidence and assurance of their safe and comfortable stay with us.
Kunal Shanker, General Manager, informed Exatraveller that “Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar looks forward to welcoming guests back. The hotel has implemented all the cleanliness, hygiene, and sanitation standards and protocols as per the IHG Way of Clean standards and all applicable local regulations and health requirements. The hotel is committed to the highest levels of cleanliness backed by our IHG Clean Promise.”
Enhancing IHG Way of Clean
IHG has a longstanding commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures. Launched in 2015, the IHG Way of Clean program was developed with Ecolab and Diversey, both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services. This program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices – many of which are already in place – to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and going forward guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel, which may include:
- Security: Mandatory Aarogya Setu app installation for each guests entering the hotel, wearing of mask and temperature checks, disinfected luggage, and maintaining physical distancing at all times.
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front-desk screens, foot-operated sanitizer stations, sanitized key cards, paperless checkout, contactless payments.
- Guest Rooms: Increased disinfection of all hard surfaces and fixtures, rooms audited for cleanliness, reduced collateral in all the rooms, Tent cards with QR Codes In-Room Dining menus to ensure touch less dining.
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, social distancing, foot markings on the floor and signage are placed at all areas to maintain social distancing.
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to restaurant, banquets, room service, and catering. E-menus and contactless payments, disposable cutlery & crockery in rooms.
- Banqueting & Events: Gathering as per the government guidelines, tables & chairs wiped down during breaks in meetings/event, strict food handling, and services guidelines in place, sanitizers available throughout the space.
The hotel is operational with limited services: 189 keys, Café on 3, all-day dining restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to choose from the a-la-carte menu. Banqueting space with mandate-sized events, touchless hand sanitizer stations, spaced out table seating, all staff wearing masks &gloves, and optimized seating in meeting spaces. All necessary precautions and safety measures are in compliance with the state government and the Medical, Health & Family Welfare Department to ensure a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for all the guests and colleagues.
In addition to the above, the hotel is also offering lucrative packages for weddings, ensuring gathering as per guidelines suggested by the government, Co-working space package, the Home delivery menu at your comfort, customized staycation packages, IMEA Getaways-Get up to 50% off on your next stay.
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™, and Candlewood Suites®.
Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts: The Holiday Inn® brand, with hotels around the world, has helped millions of travelers discover the joy of travel since its inception in 1952. Designed to meet the needs of both business and leisure travelers, Holiday Inn hotels deliver memorable experiences through warm and welcoming service, contemporary design that blends the familiar with the new, and a sense of comfort unique to the brand and its iconic green sign. At Holiday Inn hotels, guests can find amenities to help them work and play, including full-service restaurants where Kids Eat Free, meeting and business facilities, bright swimming pools, and comfortable public spaces all designed to help guests relax and refresh, making travel more enjoyable for all.
For more information about the Holiday Inn brand, visit www.holidayinn.com or call 1-888-HOLIDAY.