Lite Bite Foods (LBF) is one of the largest and the most dynamic F&B Retail companies in India with over 9 core brands under its umbrella. With more than 86 operational outlets, currently covering more than 1.5 million Sq. ft. of Retail space, the company has a very strong presence in Malls, Airports, High Streets, Multiplexes, Office complexes, Hotels and other high footfall locations. LBF has set up strategic Real Estate and Business partnerships with leading international brands like KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Subway, Krispy Kreme, Fresc Co, PVR Cinemas, DIAL & MIAL. Their critically acclaimed brands include – Punjab Grill, Zambar, Fresc Co, Asia 7, The Artful Baker, BottomsUp —winner of several Food awards and well known for their respective cuisines across the country.
On September 1, 2015 in New Delhi, in an endeavour to evolve the F&B industry in India, Lite Bite Foods announced a new venture in conjunction with HMSHost, the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services. They will together bid to acquire the rights to launch and operate international and domestic F&B outlets at retail destinations like airport, train stations and highways across India.
With HMS Host’s presence across the dynamic F&B markets in the world, it will bring tremendous opportunities for Lite Bite Foods to enter new markets. HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A.– the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, HMSHost has recognized industry leaders who create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 33,000 associates and revenues of more than $2.7 billion, they offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional and international brands.
At more than 100 airports worldwide including Europe and Asia Pacific, HMSHost brings travelers exciting food and beverage experiences they’ve never had before.
The joint venture will operate under the name Lite Bite Foods HMSHost and will be based out of Gurgaon. While HMS will own 51% of the joint venture, LBF will own the remaining 49%. The association combines the global resources and expertise of HMSHost and Lite Bite Foods. The partnership will capitalize on the strong reputation HMSHost has developed as a leading provider of food and beverage services for travellers. Lite Bite Foods will use its expertise in operating outlets at Delhi & Mumbai airports and its robust presence across the country.
Lite Bite Foods HMSHost plan to invest INR 100 crore in next to 3 to 4 years to develop travel destinations.
Speaking on the occasion, Lite Bite Foods Chairman Mr. Amit Burman said: “Lite Bite Foods has in its fold a number of strong food retail brands like Baker’s Street, Punjab Grill and Fresc Co, and Autogrill is among the oldest and the leading F&B service provider for travellers across the globe. The new company has the combined value of Autogrill’s international expertise and experience and Lite Bite Foods’ extensive local market and cuisine knowledge and network of established outlets. This agreement represents each organization’s strong commitment to provide the best F&B retail experience to our consumers across all travel channels. Together, we will bring an exciting new force to the country’s travel food retail industry and revolutionise this emerging channel.”
Further to this, Mr. Rohit Aggarwal, Director, Lite Bite Foods said, “Lite Bite Foods HMSHost proposes to acquire the rights to operate outlets at the Airports in India and neighboring countries, at these locations, we plan to increase the brand presence of all our brands at strategic locations.”
Mr. Sharad Sachdeva, CEO, Lite Bite Foods said, “With millions of passengers travelling annually, the transit hubs like Airports & Railway Station have become a strategic location for our brand’s presence. We are very excited about this JV and this association will definitely help extend our brand in neighboring countries as well.”
“This partnership is an important step forward in the strategy of expansion in emerging markets, especially in Asia, which the Group has been adopting in recent years,” said HMSHost International CEO Walter Seib. “We are confident that the know-how developed by Autogrill on an international level and Lite Bite Foods’ knowledge of the Indian market will enable the two companies to successfully expand in all the travel channels in the country. We are thrilled to work with one of the most reputable family companies in India which have been very successful in the food & beverage sector as well.”